Our annual flu campaign starts each October, with a Saturday morning Flu Clinic. If you qualify for the vaccine, please contact the surgery to make an appointment for this year's clinic on 7th October.
- chronic respiratory disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), severe asthma, bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson's disease or motor neurone disease
- weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment)
- people living in long-stay residential care homes or other long stay care facilities
Patients aged 70 to 79 this year are recommended to be immunised to prevent shingles.
You can have the shingles vaccination at the same time as your flu jab.
if you are in the at risk groups for flu, you may also be entitled to a free vaccination against pneumonia. This will also be offered at the same time as your flu jab.
If you are allergic to eggs you should not have the influenza vaccine (please discuss this with your clinician).
The vaccines are free to all who qualify.